Empowering the freedom to create
Wibbitz is an automated video creation company that gives teams the freedom to quickly and easily produce professional short-form video. Wibbitz has driven the evolution of digital video since 2011, powering video creation for thousands of the world’s leading companies including Bloomberg, Reuters, Conde Nast, and HubSpot.
At Wibbitz, the success of our company and our employees goes hand in hand. So whether you step into our New York, Paris, or Tel Aviv office, you’ll find a unique work environment that empowers each person to make a real impact on a daily basis.
You’ll be surrounded by creative, forward-thinking, seriously cool people that are always looking for ways to do things differently, simplify the complex, and set the bar up another notch… and that genuinely enjoy working together!
How we thrive
These are the values that drive our daily decisions, develop our relationships, and guide our strategy.
We value trust, respect, and transparency. We do our best work when we put our egos aside and lead with empathy.
We embrace our diverse perspectives to reach our collective goals, and empower each other along the way.
Take intelligent risks
We’re committed to uncovering the unknown and dare to try new things, fail fast, and learn.
We set high goals and take pride in the ownership and impact of our unique roles.
Pause and play
We encourage mindfulness, celebration, and appreciation of the moment.
Keep it simple
We make complex things simple and accessible to promote efficiency and effectiveness in all that we do.
Why you’ll be happy here
As one of the fastest growing tech companies, we enable the same accelerated growth for our employees as well. This is a place where you’ll get to learn more, do more, and push yourself to the next step in your career path.
Plenty of ‘you’ time
We truly value the importance of a healthy work-life balance, so you’ll have an extremely flexible vacation and PTO plan. Plus, we have Pause and Play days – which means we have a long weekend every month.
Office views that inspire
You’ll find expansive ocean, river, and cityscape views in each of the beautiful offices that Wibbitz calls home. We believe the space you work in matters, so we’ve built each of ours to provide perspective and inspiration each day.
Meals on the house
Weekly catered lunch, bagel Fridays, and generous meal card plans keep you well fed. We also keep our kitchen fully stocked with snacks, drinks, coffee, wine, and whatever else your heart desires.
Our team is tight-knit, no matter the distance or time zone. We care about each other, from professional growth to personal life changes. You’ll be welcomed by a group of genuine people who have your back.
All the benefits
Happy and healthy go hand in hand. We offer competitive salary packages, provide up to a 4% match on your 401K, and provide generous health coverage.
Wibbitz is truly an amazing company. Everyone’s opinion is valued, and the growth that I’ve seen since starting here is really incredible.Johnny Villa Marketing Coordinator
Where we are
Find the Wibbitz team in one of the amazing global cities we call home.
About The Position
Senior Backend Developer
Wibbitz is in hyperspeed growth mode and we are looking for amazing talent to join our startup culture. We are changing the video landscape by empowering Storytellers to create original videos that people love, quickly and easily by leveraging a mix of ai, automation and Natural language processing capabilities.
We are working with the world’s biggest and best publishers including: Time Inc., CBSi, AOL, USA Today, Forbes Mag and many more. We have been featured in The New York Times, Forbes, TechCrunch, and Mashable as an industry leading technology.
We’re looking for a motivated and diligent developer with passion for coding and technologies to join our growing team. You will be working closely with cutting edge technology in a fun and dynamic environment.
- You will be developing and delivering key components of the platform.
- You will research new technologies and take our product forward to the future, and be in charge of designing and developing big impact in our product.
- You will work closely with other members of the Development team, Product Team as well as members of the Testing team.
- You will be responsible for providing robust, scalable infrastructure platforms that are fundamental in enabling our customer’s needs.
- You will have the opportunity to initiate development of innovative features and directions of our product
- You will have the opportunity to program in Java / Python, practicing your programming capabilities in multiple programming languages
- 4+ years of hands-on experience server-side development
- Proven experience in delivering large scale, robust solutions
- Experienced in Java (Python is a plus)
- Experience in AWS, Spring framework, and NoSQL technologies
- B.Sc. in Computer Science from a leading institute OR equivalent
- Must be a quick learner and adaptable to new technologies
- Must be independent and self-motivated
- Creative & excellent problem solver
- Capable of seeing the “bigger picture” both from the technical and business perspective
- Team player & multitasking
- Must have a “Getting things done” approach
Why you’ll like it here
You are not just an employee you are part of our Wibbitz team and culture!
We invest in people giving them the tools to succeed and develop within our fast-growing organization.