Empowering the freedom to create
Wibbitz is an automated video creation company that gives teams the freedom to quickly and easily produce professional short-form video. Wibbitz has driven the evolution of digital video since 2011, powering video creation for thousands of the world’s leading companies including Bloomberg, Reuters, Conde Nast, and HubSpot.
At Wibbitz, the success of our company and our employees goes hand in hand. So whether you step into our New York, Paris, or Tel Aviv office, you’ll find a unique work environment that empowers each person to make a real impact on a daily basis.
You’ll be surrounded by creative, forward-thinking, seriously cool people that are always looking for ways to do things differently, simplify the complex, and set the bar up another notch… and that genuinely enjoy working together!
How we thrive
These are the values that drive our daily decisions, develop our relationships, and guide our strategy.
We value trust, respect, and transparency. We do our best work when we put our egos aside and lead with empathy.
We embrace our diverse perspectives to reach our collective goals, and empower each other along the way.
Take intelligent risks
We’re committed to uncovering the unknown and dare to try new things, fail fast, and learn.
We set high goals and take pride in the ownership and impact of our unique roles.
Pause and play
We encourage mindfulness, celebration, and appreciation of the moment.
Keep it simple
We make complex things simple and accessible to promote efficiency and effectiveness in all that we do.
Why you’ll be happy here
As one of the fastest growing tech companies, we enable the same accelerated growth for our employees as well. This is a place where you’ll get to learn more, do more, and push yourself to the next step in your career path.
Plenty of ‘you’ time
We truly value the importance of a healthy work-life balance, so you’ll have an extremely flexible vacation and PTO plan. Plus, we have Pause and Play days – which means we have a long weekend every month.
Office views that inspire
You’ll find expansive ocean, river, and cityscape views in each of the beautiful offices that Wibbitz calls home. We believe the space you work in matters, so we’ve built each of ours to provide perspective and inspiration each day.
Meals on the house
Weekly catered lunch, bagel Fridays, and generous meal card plans keep you well fed. We also keep our kitchen fully stocked with snacks, drinks, coffee, wine, and whatever else your heart desires.
Our team is tight-knit, no matter the distance or time zone. We care about each other, from professional growth to personal life changes. You’ll be welcomed by a group of genuine people who have your back.
All the benefits
Happy and healthy go hand in hand. We offer competitive salary packages, provide up to a 4% match on your 401K, and provide generous health coverage.
Wibbitz is truly an amazing company. Everyone’s opinion is valued, and the growth that I’ve seen since starting here is really incredible.Johnny Villa Marketing Coordinator
Where we are
Find the Wibbitz team in one of the amazing global cities we call home.
About The Position
Wibbitz is an automated video creation company that gives businesses and teams the freedom to quickly and easily produce professional short-form video. Wibbitz has driven the evolution of digital video since 2011, powering video creation for thousands of the world’s leading companies including Bloomberg, Verizon Media, Conde Nast, and HubSpot. We have offices in New York, Tel Aviv, and Paris, and have raised over $30M in funding. And we’re just getting started.
Video communication is now more important than ever – We are looking for an experienced VP R&D with a strong technology vision and a passion for innovation. You will join the executive team and take part in the strategic planning and decision making of the entire company. You will also lead the entire development team, be in charge of the technology infrastructure and help make our R&D an industry leading team by pushing innovation, culture and constant improvement.
As VP R&D you will lead, mentor and manage a group of talented team leaders and software engineers, responsible for all development efforts. We are in hyper-growth mode, so we’re looking for people who can learn and adjust quickly as the company and our product suite expand.
Our philosophy centers around end-to-end ownership, which means that every team member is empowered and accountable. You will be responsible for all aspects of development in your group – From technologies to processes to people management. You will drive technical excellence, high product quality, innovation, and timely delivery in an agile, production critical environment.
- Defining R&D strategy and methodologies, optimize the work process and efficiency
- Direct responsibility on the R&D deliveries; high-quality software solutions on tight schedules in a fast-paced environment
- Design solutions, evaluate architecture options, set technical direction and quality standards, hands-on guide implementation
- Build a collaborative team environment and instill an inspirational, fun and culture within the organization
- Recruit , develop and grow talent through effective mentoring, coaching, succession planning and retention strategies for key talent
- Lead process changes to improve group performance and effectiveness
- Ensure mitigation of relevant security, privacy, and business continuity risks.
- Contribute, as a member, to the company’s global leadership team, seeing the big picture and take part in building the company’s roadmap.
- Experience with high scale production environments
- Experience of back-end (Java / Python) and front-end frameworks (React/Angular), testing and CI/CD methodologies
- Experience with AWS cloud technology and deployment
- Experience with databases, both relational and noSQL, MongoDB /Elasticsearch are an advantage
- Proven complex architecture/design skills and familiarity with a wide range of technologies including integrations of 3rd party systems
- Solid experience in agile development process methodologies (e.g SCRUM)
- Experience in media / video is an advantage
- +3 years of experience as group leader, managing managers, with strong leadership skills for coaching and mentoring (preferably in a startup environment) – MUST
- B.Sc in Computer Science or equivalent
- Willingness to roll up sleeves and do some hands-on coding
- High standards for code quality, testing, and performance
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to adapt to various technologies and research new concepts
- A true team player, with great leadership and interpersonal skills
- Proactive attitude and doing what it takes to get the job done – “I can move mountains!” attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Why you’ll like it here
At Wibbitz, the success of our company and our employees goes hand in hand. So whether you step into our New York, Paris, or Tel Aviv office, you’ll find a unique work environment that empowers each person to make a real impact on a daily basis. You’ll be surrounded by creative, forward-thinking, seriously cool people that are always looking for ways to do things differently, simplify the complex, and set the bar up another notch… and that genuinely enjoy working together!
But don’t just take our word for it. Our reviews on Glassdoor and Comparably are pretty amazing across the board – so much so, that we’ve been honored with 8 Comparably Awards, including Best Company Culture, Best Leadership, Best Company Happiness. We also recently joined Deloitte’s 2019 Technology Fast 500 list – as the #8 fastest-growing company in North America, and #2 in the Tri-state area. This year we were honored to be on Forbes Best Startups to Work For list for 2020.
Here are some of our favorite benefits that make working at Wibbitz unlike anywhere else:
- We give you time to pause & play: We truly value the importance of a healthy work-life balance, so we have an extremely flexible vacation and PTO plan. Plus, we have Pause and Play days – where we all take off one Friday every month!
- We care about your personal growth: We offer competitive salary packages and provide up to a 4% match on your 401K. Our development program, Fast Forward, provides opportunities to learn from and work across other departments, take courses, meet fellow professionals in your field, and get hands-on support with planning your career path.
- We keep you well fed: We all look forward to our weekly catered lunch Wednesdays and bagel Fridays. We also keep our kitchen fully stocked with snacks, drinks, coffee, wine, and whatever else your heart desires.