About The Position
Wibbitz is an automated video creation company that gives teams the freedom to quickly and easily produce professional short-form video. Wibbitz has driven the evolution of digital video since 2011, powering video creation for thousands of the world’s leading companies including Bloomberg, Reuters, Conde Nast, and HubSpot. We have offices in New York, Tel Aviv, and Paris, we have raised over $30.8M in funding, and we’re just getting started.
About the team
Wibbitz R&D Team prides itself in being professional, innovative and technologically ahead of the curve. We work in autonomous squads where each person makes a difference and has an equal say. We work together to achieve our goals while always observing, learning and improving what we do and how we do it. We search for those who don’t complain about the wind or expect it to change, but adjust the sails!
As a DevOps lead, You’ll have the opportunity to make an impact by joining a growing team in a working environment that supports independence, improvement and play a key role in the design and development of Wibbitz’s ecosystem.
Here’s what a day in the life of a DevOps Lead at Wibbitz looks like :
- Being a key person in designing and scaling Wibbitz system.
- Building automated processes across the different stages of product development.
- Monitoring and maintaining our production system infrastructure.
- Monitoring and maintaining hybrid Docker/instance based environments.
- Building and maintaining CI/CD processes.
- Defining DevOps best practices and architecture methodologies.
- Leading the DevOps team.
- You have 4+ years of hands-on experience in DevOps (leading experience is a plus)
- You have background in Linux and Windows Administration
- You have deep knowledge in Amazon web services
- You are experienced with standard monitoring applications (Grafana, Prometheus etc.)
- You have experience with building and maintaining CI/CD pipeline and build tools (Git, Jenkins, Docker...)
- You are experienced in scripting (Bash, Python, Ansible etc.)
- You are experienced in Docker/K8S and containerization.
- You are well organized with ‘get things done’ approach, hands-on, creative thinker and doer.
- You have great mentoring and leadership skills and you’re not afraid of challenges.
- Basic experience with Databases SQL/NoSQL (PostgreSQL, MySQL) is a plus
- Understanding security world is an advantage
- Experience with automation/configuration management tools like Puppet, Ansible, etc. is a plus.
Why join us!
Why you’ll like it here
At Wibbitz, the success of our company and our employees goes hand in hand. So whether you step into our New York, Paris, or Tel Aviv office, you’ll find a unique work environment that empowers each person to make a real impact on a daily basis. You’ll be surrounded by creative, forward-thinking, seriously cool people that are always looking for ways to do things differently, simplify the complex, and set the bar up another notch… and that genuinely enjoy working together!
But don’t just take our word for it. Our reviews on Glassdoor and Comparably are pretty amazing across the board - so much so, that we’ve been honored with 8 Comparably Awards, including Best Company Culture, Best Leadership, Best Company Happiness. We also recently joined Deloitte’s 2019 Technology Fast 500 list - as the #8 fastest-growing company in North America, and #2 in the Tri-state area.
Here are some of our favorite benefits that make working at Wibbitz unlike anywhere else:
- We care about your personal growth: Our development program, Fast Forward, provides opportunities to learn from and work across other departments, take courses, meet fellow professionals in your field, and get hands-on support with planning your career path.
- We give you time to pause & play: We truly value the importance of a healthy work-life balance, so we have Pause and Play days - where we all take off one Sunday every month!
- We believe we’re stronger together: We prioritize collaboration and connection across teams to achieve better results and empower each other along the way. We love our team-building events and activities, and we always remember to celebrate our success together!